Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Making a mushroom yarn holder

 We finally finished my mushroom project today! Here is how we went about it:

First I drew the outline of my mushroom on freezer paper (any paper would work, but it was within reach). My husband bought some wood at Home Depot and had a friend cut out the body. Sophia and me sanded it and she got to paint it with watered down acrylic paint.



Today I went back to Home Depot with a sample yarn and ended up getting four dowels and a little saw, since everything else would have been too short. At home I cut the dowels into 48 pieces measuring 2 1/4'' and we sanded the ends - whew!
Sophia rolled the dowel pieces in red paint while I drilled 1/4'' holes (I had put my yarn on the mushroom before and marked it).

  

 

Now I put a drop of wood glue in each hole and hammered in the dowel pieces.

  

Finally Sophia painted the tips white and I drilled it into the wall.

  

 

Turned out pretty nice, what do you think?

3 comments: