Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Sweet polymer clay



I think I have a new hobby!

Ever since Etsy lauched its Holiday Bootcamp I am getting more and more excited about my little shop there - I should really get going and stock it! So this morning while I was wondering what to put up I came across my 1984 cook book and pondered over the Christmas pages. And there it struck me - cookies! Not the edible kind, but for decorations. Think Christmas tree, advent wreath, in the window, ...

I looked up polymer clay on the internet and set out to Michael's. What can I say, it was polymer clay heaven. They even had good old German Fimo ;) I bought a few things, hurried home to explore and, you guessed it, it was tons of fun!


When Sophia came home from school she got excited, too, and so we crafted together for quite a while. She made ice cream and cookies for her dolls.


These cookies will probably be the next item in my Etsy shop, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the idea! German cookies for decoration! This year we go home for christmas but believe me last year I would have kissed your feet for this kind of christmas decoration ;-) I can't wait to go shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fimo! You bring back childhood memories! We made things with Fimo for years...
    These would be awesome items for your shop!

    ReplyDelete