Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday morning

 Ever since the little pumkin started Kindergarten I feel the need to fill my three free hours in the morning with as much as possible. Of course, this was bound to fail ... So now I am NOT getting in the car to rush to the mall to look for things to wear at the concert while watching the time and rushing back to prepare lunch we can eat in the car on our way to work before fetching Sophia from school. Instead I harvest the first of our mystery beans. Wouldn't it be fun to toss them in the soup tonight?


Then I take a look at my stash of fabric, get out a yard stick, and begin making a bag. Every day on my way from and to school I wish I had a small little bag to just fit my phone and keys, maybe my wallet. Like those hippie crochet bags we had back in high school. And now I make one. No pattern, just eyeballing. And breathing.


 It turned out just fine.



 

Now it is almost time to walk to school and enjoy the little bag.
True, I didn't get quite as much done as I had planned but I feel a lot more relaxed - what's better?



A friend of mine was so kind to lend me the first three issues of the magazine Molly Makes and I was smitten! You should check it out. Anyway, yesterday we found this little guy in there and there was no way Sophia would allow me to turn the page without making one for here. So there :)


1 comment:

  1. everything worked out so well and i think you did get a lot done. don't be too hard on yourself :) that bag looks great and i wouldn't mind having one of those cute little animals myself!

    ReplyDelete