Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Big steps

 Yesterday I overheared Sophia sounding out letters and humming to herself on the balcony. When I peeked around the corner I saw her writing and drawing on the chalk board. Seeing the letters she has been carrying around with her take shape was fascinating.


She asked me for help eventually and finished off her work by drawing mouths on the letters - in the shape they make when they are spoken (lots of teeth on D).

Sweet, sweet girl of mine. And this morning you didn't even want a goodbye kiss before school. After I asked you why (shocked and a little bit hurt I admis) you rolled your eyes and gave in. Almost five is not too old for kisses, right? Right?

Nothing soothes better than a day old cheesecake. I found the recipe in radically simple and simple it was:



6 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
5 oz honey grahm crackers
(1/2 walnuts or pecans - Kevin hates nuts in baked goods, so none for us)
1 1/4 c sugar
3 large eggs
16 oz cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp cornstarch
24 oz sour cream

Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter a sprinform with 2 Tbsp butter.

Crush the crackers (, nuts,) and 1/4 c sugar, add 4 Tbsp melted butter and put it in the bottom of the pan to form a crust.

now you basically mix everything else together very slowly - first the eggs, then cream cheese, the cup sugar, vanilla, cornstarch, 1/4 tsp salt and sour cream. Pour onto the crust and bake for 50 minutes, until firm.

Top with fruit, chocolate shavings, or enjoy pure like I do. Mmmh ...


No comments:

Post a Comment