Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

She might be at school ...




... but she is not out of sight!

After a morning of singing, drawing, hopping on the bed, a few clothes changes, scattering dried up bits of play doh all over the floor, and skipping to school horsey-style the house seems blissfully (and strangely!) quiet. How only one tiny person can change the energy around is nothing short of amazing.


I signed her up for a contest of her school's PTA titled "Diversity means ..." - turns out diversity is very hard to draw when you enjoy matching objects. Yesterday we set out different art materials that were allowed (no sculpting and no objects protruding from the page - shame!) and after looking up diversity on a kids' site she worked away.


While the only real diversity I can see is the diversity of pictures she produced she did have a great time drawing and painting. My favorite might just be The Piggy Bank and the Banana Tree.

  

On the weekend when Kevin and Sophia were visiting with family I learned something new!

The last time I went to San Francisco I discovered beautiful Fillmore Street and a shop called Paper Source. There, after spending an hour looking at all the great inspring things, I got a foto album kit that I tucked away until a quiet moment. And Sunday was the day!

I used some muslin and a big drawing from Sophia. Now I only need time to put in all my fotos!








1 comment:

  1. Ha! That toilet tissue is hilarious!
    And a piggy bank and banana tree?! Only a kid could come up with such a cool combo!
    I think that drawing you used for the photo album depicts diversity quite well with all these colors...
    I think Sophia's got some serious talent!! :)

    ReplyDelete